Recently, Google announced that page experience signals would be included in Google Search ranking. Most people should be aware of what this term means? Not only this, you may have no idea what is the term “page experiences?” After Google’s announcement, several questions hit the audience’s mind. So, there is an urge among the audience to know more about this introduction of page experience to Google search. Therefore, we are here with this blog post to help you understand in-depth about this whole practice soon to be implemented.
Before we start discussing Google’s announcement, let us consider what page experience and what role it plays in Google Search results. Take a look-
Understanding page experience in Google Search results
A page experience is a set of signals that measures to know the understanding of user interaction with a web page. For this whole process page experience, Core Web Vitals is used, which is a set of metrics that measure the user’s experience in terms of interactivity, loading speed, and visual stability of the page. Several other Search signals like safe-browsing, HTTPS, and intrusive interstitial guidelines are used.
Now, you have an idea about what is page experience, so let’s determine how page experience will affect ranking.
Understand how page experience will affect the ranking
Yes, page experience affects the ranking. According to Google, “Once we made changes in our roadmap, page experience joined hundreds of signals that Google takes on priority when generating search results. Page experience has turned out to be a need-to-do practice. Here we want to highlight one more thing that Google always looks for the ideal ways to rank the pages that are loaded with the best information, even if the page experience is too good. People usually make a mindset that a good page experience doesn’t override the content of a great page. However, several pages look similar and relevant. For all such pages, the page experience concept is essential in terms of increasing the page visibility in search.
You must be clear with the concept of page experience, so when will this move by Google plan to go live?
When will this go into effect?
This concept will soon go live in May 2021.
Timing for bringing page experience to Google Search
Google will kick-off, including the page experience in search ranking next year. These signals will measure the user experience in interaction with a web page. It focuses on delivering an enjoyable experience. Saying clearly, then Google has noticed a 70 percent increase in the number of users engagement with Lighthouse and Page Speed Insights. Not only this, but a slight positive shift in the Search Console’s Core Web Vitals has also noticed that also points towards its improvement.
With the announcement of page experience signals in ranking in May 2021, Google highlights the efficient new page experience signals that will be secure and safe. It will also combine the existing search signals, including HTTPS security and intrusive interstitial guidelines.
Along with page experience in search ranking, the change for non-AMP content will also appear in the mobile top stories feature in Search in May 2021. Google will prioritize the great page rank experienced, whether using AMP or any other advanced web technology.
A New Way of Highlighting Great Experiences in Google Search
- Google believes that highlighting the quality web page’s experience is helpful and an easy way for the users to choose the search results that they want to visit.
- A snippet preview, whereas, provides topical context for users to know the information that a page can provide.
- Next is visual indicators, which is another great way of highlighting the great experiences in Google search. Google is putting its primary motive on identifying the page that meets all the aspects of page experience. They will also test this process soon. If the test is successful, then they will launch it in May 2021.
The Tools Publishers Need for Improving Page Experience
To kick-off these changes, Google has also released a set of tools that can help a user to improve their page experienced.
- First, prefer doing a site-wide audit of your pages to check for the spaces where you need an improvement.
- Another tool, Search Console’s report for Core Web Vitals gives you an overview of your site performance and helps you to know the issues that it is facing.
- After getting the overall review of your site, the next step is to take the tool assistance of Page Speed Insights and Lighthouse to fix the issues that you have identified.
- Visit web.dev/vitals-tools to take a deep dive into the list of tools you need to get started.
Another tool like
- AMP is one of the cost-effective ways to achieve great page experience outcomes. The analyses done by AMP let the pages achieve their goals. So, if you’re an AMP publisher, then you must check out the latest AMP Page Experience Guide so that publishers like you can take actionable tips.
- Google supports AMP content in Google Search, which links to that cache-optimized AMP version to deliver the best possible outcomes.
Wrapping Things Up
This blog post is all about the page experiences in Google search. The introduction of this new concept by Google will surely improve the webpage ranking and helps publishers to reach their website goals in terms of great website performance, fast, responsive, etc. Google’s mission is to assist the user in finding more relevant and quality sites for the web at Google search in an easy way. Heading this primary motive, they are highlighting the best page experiences so that the user can find whatever they are looking for without any trouble. The process is in progress, and updates are being published on the official website of Google. Every year, Google plans to incorporate more page experience signals. We hope that you find this blog post in finding all your answers related to page experiences.